Ephesus Ancient City Tour and Our Tour Organization.
House of Virgin Mary is the place where Mary may have spent her last days. Indeed, she may have come in the area together with Saint John. This place was offically declared a shrine of the Roman Catholic Church in 1986, and since then it has become a popular place of pilgrimage. Pope Paul VI visited shrine in 1967. The visit to the House (church) takes about 45 minutes and after our visit; there will be a 5 min drive to Ephesus.
Ephesus is an exceptional testimony to the cultural traditions of the Hellenistic, Roman Imperial and early Christian periods. Ephesus is an important site for Christianity; being one of the seven Churches of Revelation. Apostle Paul probably spent two and half years in Ephesus during his third missionary journey. In two hours, you will be exploring the city by walking on the marble streets, accompanied by our English speaking tour guide.
In our tour, we will be seeing Odeon, State Agora, Prytaneion, Memmius Monument, Domatian Temple, Hercules Gate, Curetes Street, Hadrian Temple, and Latriens. The visits to Private House (so called Brothel, ‘Terrace Houses’) is an optional visit for an extra 25 ₺/person and your guide should be informed before hand. After Terrace Houses, we will carry on with our exploration with Celsus Library, Marble Road, Commercial Agora, Great Theather, and Arcadine (Harbour Road).
After lunch; we will carry on with the visit to Temple of Artemis; which is one of the Seven Wonders of antiquity. Here, there will be a good chance to shoot photos of Church of St. John and Mosque of Isa Bey from the best angle as well.
Sirince is an old village of ‘Rum’ (Byzantine Greeks) situated on the hills of Selcuk and 7 km from Ephesus. As part of the peace treaty after Turkish National War (1919-1922), a formal exchange of Turkish and Greeks, was agreed upon and Sirince is inhabited by Turkish now. The village is popular for beautiful traditional houses and fruit flavoured wine production; and you will have a free time for some wine tasting.
Our Daily Tour will be finalised around 4:30 pm and you will be transferred back to your hotel.
1 Pax:150 €
2 Pax: 180 €
3 Pax: 210€
4 Pax: 240 €
Tour price includes & Excludes
Tour price includes
- Professional Turkish and English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Exploration of museums, monuments, ruins.
- Lunch in a local restaurant.
- Transferfrom and transferto your hotel in Izmir.
- Transfers with a non smoking and air conditioned vehicle.
- Local Taxes.
Tour price does NOT include
- Personal expenses.
- Entrance fee for the Terrace Houses.
- Tips to driver and tour guide.
- Declared price is per person and minimum number of participants is 4.
- Please ask for the price for number of people lower than 4, higher than 4 or family price.
- Private tours are flexible and not fixed with the time, the time can be changed according to your request and time spent in each site can change the time of drop off. We kindly request our guests, to be ready 10 mins before confirmed pick up time.
- Ephesus has streets made up of marbles; therefore it may be hard to walk for some people; and please bring sneakers with you.
- In summer, the temperature may reach 40 degrees C; you should be careful to avoid heat strokes.
- All transfers are carried on with our air-conditioned vehicles.