Pamukkale Day Tour from Kusadasi and Selcuk
We will departfrom the hotels in Kusadasi is at 8:00 am and; 08:30 am in Selcuk, in Selcuk we will meet our professional guide and we will headto Pamukkale witch will take aproxemately 3 hours time including a toilet and smoke stop for 10-15 minutes.
Pamukkale / Hierapolis is listed in Unesco's World Heritage List as 'Natural Site' and 'Ancient City'; and is famous for herhot springs which are believed to be having healing powers. The travertines are formed by a multifaceted chemical reaction and subsequent precipitation of various causes and environments. Water springs from ground with high level of Calcium Hydrocarbonate at a temperature of 35.6 degrees C; and this causes carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide to evaporate and leave calcium carbonate to precipitate and form the travertine.
Hierapolis has been a settlement of different cults and cultures throughout history; and the city is believed to be founded by Eumenies II, the Attalid king of Pergamon at the end of 2nd Century BC; and to have been named after Hiera, the beautiful wife of Telephos, the legendary founder of Pergamon. However, ancient historians like Strabon and Ptolemaios states that Hierapolis was a Phyrgian settlement.
Hierapolis played an important role in spreading Christianity in Anatolia, and it was the place where Phillip, one of the twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, died. For this reason, Hierapolis became an important religious center in the 4th century AD. Later it assumed the title ofthe ‘Guide of the East’; and the city came under control of Roman Empire in 395 AD; and became a metropolitan bishopric.
Our tour in Hierapolis includes Necropolis, Domitian Gate, Frontinus Street, the Agora, the North Byzantine Gate, the Gymnasium, the Foundatain with Triton, Apollon Temple, the Martyrium of St Philip and bridge, the Column Church, the ruins of Basilica, Plutonium, Latrina and theRoman Baths.Our guide will show you pamukkale and it will take about one and an half hour , after that you have free time to look around, if you bring tour swimming clothes you can also visit the cleopatra pool but they charge an entrence from 50 lira extra this is not included our tour program.
After our Hierapolis and Travertine tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Selcuk or Kusadasi around 07:30 pm.
Tour price includes & excludes
Tour price includes
- Professional Turkish and English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fees.
- Lunch in a local restaurant.
- Transfers from and transfers to your hotel or cruise in Kusadasi and Selcuk.
- Transfers with a non smoking and air conditioned vehicle.
- Local Taxes.
Tour price does NOT include
- Personal expenses.
- Swiming in Cleopatra Pool (AntiquePool)
- Tips to driver and tour guide.
- Maximum number of participants is 14.
- Hierapolis has streets made up of marbles; therefore it may be hard to walk for some people; and please bring sneakers with you.
- In summer, the temperature may reach 40 degrees C; you should be careful to avoid heat strokes.
- All transfers are carried on with our air-conditioned vehicles.
- Lunch is included in our price.
- Pick up in Kusadasi is at 08 am; and 08:30 am in Selcuk. We kindly ask our guests, to be ready at the lobby 10 mins before pick up.
- You will be transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi and Selcuk around 07:30 pm.